If you’re reading this, you’re probably one of the people who are still unaware of using internet job search tools. Fast internet usage has boosted market growth and moved people to modify the way they seek jobs.
Online job portals and job boards are well-known platforms for those looking for work. As always, there is a high demand for excellent human capital, and businesses are keen to hire people who can bring value to their organizations while also preparing them to tackle the difficulties of the modern era.
Almost all human resource managers and recruiters are aware of the accessibility and benefits of using internet recruitment tools, and some rely completely on them for their hiring needs. Even HR managers who utilize traditional recruitment tools may not completely disregard the usage of online recruitment tools.
Whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced professional, the following five reasons will persuade you to conduct your job search online:
- Cost-effective: It would cost you nothing to search for, find, and apply for jobs online. All job boards offer these services for free. They are not, however, a charity and charge employers/recruiters for their services. You are the commodity that they sell to the purchasers, i.e. employers/recruiters. You do not need to format, print, and then mail your resume to the places where you want to work.
- Time-saving – Accept it; no matter how desperate you are for work, you despise wasting time looking for and applying for jobs. Applying for positions published in newspapers and periodicals takes time and is stressful, which can lead to discouragement and demoralization throughout the job search. As a result, the jobseeker may end up in a less meaningful career.
- 24 hours availability – Online job adverts are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and can be found and applied for at the job seeker’s time. It does not mean that jobs posted online will remain available permanently; they do have expiration dates. Online job posts are deleted after they expire or when the vacancies are filled.
- Keeps you updated: Typically, all job portals provide services such as job notifications, feeds, and social media presence to keep job searchers up to date on open jobs that match their portfolios and career interests. As a result, job seekers do not lose out on opportunities to apply for positions for which they believe they are qualified.
- Ease and convenience – You can send your CV to the various companies in at the short time. You do not need to spend more hours and days researching and applying to appropriate employment. It would only take a few clicks to accomplish this.