- Talk About Race
- Racial Equity
Articles By: Christy Rogers
Christy focuses on equitable neighborhood revitalization and housing policy issues. She helped lead Kirwan's national initiative on "Subprime Lending, Foreclosure and Race" in October 2008. She manages consulting and research initiatives that advance equitable community development, and has jointly authored many Institute reports, including "Communities of Opportunity: A Framework for a More Equitable and Sustainable Future for All." She has presented to the Ohio Planning Conference, the Race, Ethnicity and Place Conference, and the Association of American Geographers. Prior to joining Kirwan, she worked for five years in municipal planning and land use/construction litigation support in Chicago. Christy has undergraduate and graduate degrees in English from Carleton College and Ohio University, respectively, and a professional degree in Landscape Architecture (MLA) from the Harvard Design School. She is currently ABD in Geography at The Ohio State University. Christy volunteers at the United Way of Central Ohio as a member of the Building Vibrant Neighborhoods Impact Council.
Why rich steal from poor? Because they can
- United States re-examines opposition to UN Declaration April 24, 2010 21:04
- We are not your weapons – we are women April 23, 2010 10:04
- Hundreds of students, supporters from L.A. demand to Veto SB 1070 April 23, 2010 09:04
- We need garbage equity and improve regulation of toxins April 22, 2010 08:04
- Plastics on my mind April 22, 2010 08:04
dc: Hi Mike, I came across a few of your articles while doing research for a paper I'm trying to write. I'm interested i...
jakename: It is actually a truly terrifying thought to think about the individuals hired to protect us, the people- and realize th...
betty tisel: Congratulations and what a terrific name for the journal!...
rsamuel91: This article makes valid points that are very relevant to the society that we live in today. I attest and can personally...
GMC262: Good article. Thank you for pointing out the fundamental problem with wanting to celebrate the confederacy....
- Words of advice for White would-be writers on race (17)
- Native Americans are part of African American history (10)
- All the single ladies: Thoughts on the black marriage dilemma (6)
- A conversation with Dr. Cornel West (6)
- How the War on Drugs gave birth to a permanent American undercaste (6)
- Will the Senate forget to discuss health care AND race? (4)
- Does British Columbia only want White tourists? (4)
- "Belinda's Petition" a perfect primer on the subject of reparations (4)
- When racism flag waving becomes a petty sport (4)
- Enough about hair! (3)
Featuring News with Nezua
The immigration march and rally in Washington DC that took place on Sunday, March 21, 2010.
Subscribe to the Race-Talk Newsletter
A "Precious" Reaction (11)
African Americans (16)
American Indians (16)
Cornel West (2)
Creative Writing (5)
Criminal Justice (6)
Earth Day (6)
Globalization and Racism (1)
Harry Reid (5)
Pop culture (17)
Racial Equity (45)
South Central/South Asia (8)
State of the Union (9)
Talk About Race (83)
The Arts (7)
Transforming Race Conference (13)
Visions 2042 (1)
WP Cumulus Flash tag cloud by Roy Tanck and Luke Morton requires Flash Player 9 or better.
More Race-Talk Articles
- Things that make you go hmmm…: I’ve recently been thinking about concepts like priorities, standards, representation, and fairness—not in any in-depth kind of way, rather anecdo...
- Why the US owes Haiti billions – The briefest history: By Bill Quigley Why does the US owe Haiti Billions? Colin Powell, former US Secretary of State, stated his foreign policy view as the "Pottery Barn...
- Race in the media: The wrong kind of lens: Originally posted on Stopbigmedia.com What do Disney’s debut film, The Princess and the Frog, Mattel’s new Black Barbie line, and the American tour...
- No confusion when it comes to the "isms”: On Wednesday before the Thanksgiving holiday, the Cleveland edition of the Call & Post, a weekly newspaper with a largely black readership, p...
- A Past, Denied
- [email protected]
- Between The Lines | Psych Today
- Cliff Notes From the South
- Crunk Feminist Collective
- Equality Blog
- Health Justice NYC
- I Wonder as I Wander
- Imagine 2050
- Interaction Institute for Social Change
- Middle East Post
- Opportunity Agenda Blog
- Political Intersection Blog
- Racism Review
- Restore Fairness
- Sister Scholar
- Tell Me More Blog
- The American Prospect | Tapped
- The Black Snob
- The Grio
- The Huffington Post
- The Root
- The Unapologetic Mexican
- This Week In Race
- TPM: Talking Points Memo
- Tracking Change
This work by https://race-talk.org is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.